Key product characteristics
- The steady opening of China’s equity market to international investors will continue to offer opportunities for the market participants
- Against this background, ESG Chinese investments in particular have proven to be competitive domestically within China as well as internationally. Investment in China ESG has outperformed other Emerging Markets ESG
- The International Institute of Green Finance (IIGF) is an independent and non-profit think tank in Bejing, China. Its goal is to support the development of green finance in China. IIGF is specialised in research, policy advice and consulting in green finance, climate finance and energy finance.
- Based on the thorough research of the existing ESG methodology, IIGF has self-developed an ESG evaluation methodology against the Chinese context and established a domestically leading ESG database, from which a series of related products was developed.
- The products are characterised by a thorough understanding of Chinese policy and economical environment. They reflect the characteristics of the different industries and business models which distinguishes them from other international indicators
- The ESG database products help international investors to better understand the ESG activities of Chinese companies. They cover a wide range and a long time span and can actively assist investors in their decision making. The products incorporate negative behaviour and risk measurement to effectively identify potential ESG risks
- The ESG database products of IIGF can be obtained easily via our Data Shop on a one-off basis or as a subscription. The latest data will only be distributed as part of the subscription, in case of a one-off retrieval we will provide you with all the historical data including the penultimate update level
- The ESG database products of IIGF are part of Deutsche Börse’s solutions for clients that enable them to make their own business more sustainable.
ESG Database products
The database products include ESG Scores and Ratings for
- Listed Companies (CSI 300 ESG Data, CSI 800 ESG Data, All Listed Companies ESG Data)
- Bond Issuer Companies ESG Data (all Chinese bond market issuers except government bonds, central bank notes, local government bonds and asset-backed securities)
- The data can be obtained easily via our Data Shop (deutsche-boerse.com)) on a one-off basis or as a subscription. The latest data will only be distributed as part of the subscription, in the case of a one-off retrieval we will provide you with all the historical data including the penultimate update level
- Delivery modes: CSI 300 and CSI 800 ESG data twice per year, All Listed Companies once per year, Bond Issuer Companies once per year